Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Of Cats and Decor

I love decor. And I love cats. But sometimes the two don't mix.


A few days ago, my lovely cat Zuzu engaged in one of her favorite activities - leaping 5 feet from a chair to the dining room table. Fortunately, her claw marks have only added to the table's weathered charm, thanks to some clever use of stain by me. Unfortunately, on the evening in question, she caught a claw in the table runner. I turned just in time to see the runner, two ceramic birds, newly acquired bird cage, and cat go overboard.

Miraculously, one of the birds survived...
as did the bird cage (pictured here in its new location)...

So, the table runner is tucked away in the linen closet. A quick shopping trip ensued, and I came home with the grey ceramic bird pictured between the candlesticks above. So all is well.

Oh, and Zuzu continues her acrobatics between the chair and the table. Cats are lovely, but I do question their sense of priorities sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment